Thursday, August 24, 2006

Little Green Tractors


Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! Life has just ended as everyone knows it. I have finally received my driver's license this morning. Please, please no loud applause, no standing ovations, no gifts of silver and gold! Well, I suppose that if you want to bring me gifts of silver and gold, I wouldn't turn you away. At any rate I know many of my dear friends will be very glad to hear my happy tidings. Of course even this seemingly normal evolution of human development could not go quite normally for me. No, nothing in my life is quite as simple as it should be. Last night my brother and I were in a drive thru minding our own business when the big 'ol honkin' truck in front of us decided hunger was no longer calling his name. He backs up and goes BAAAAMMM into my poor darling car Polly! Of course I was driving, preparing for my driver's test the next morning. Poor Polly has a huge trailer hitch sized hole in her front bumper. :( I know that you are all thinking "oh that is horrible", please save that sentiment until the end. Oh yes dear readers there is more to my wonderful little driver's license story. There was a VERY large storm where I live last evening. Guess who was driving home when the big bolts of lightening and sheets of rain came hurtling down upon the earth? Yes, that is correct, ME. Needless to say I had more than just a little bit of trouble driving in that gunk. When John and I finally arrived safely at home (only by the grace of God), we discover that the power is out at my home. That was around ten o'clock, it stayed out until 5:30 this morning, which means no air conditioner...grrrr. Anyways with the moving in of the enormous storm John had to cut the driving practice short which left me with a very large problem. I had yet to learn how to parallel park and when I say "yet to learn" I mean never attempted in my life. So by the light of a few candles and a flashlight, John showed me how to parallel park using two toy tractors and a flip flop. I passed parallel parking. In fact the instructor said I did a great job. How insane is that? My life is just not quite normal...

2 Comments:

Blogger kiwi said...

YOU FINALLY GOT UR LICENSE!!! *gasp* i'm sooooo proud of you! i'm very sorry about Polly... so are ya back at school now? i hope move-in goes/went well for you! You're in my prayers Alli! later : )

8/30/06, 7:45 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Allison, you crack me up. I'm glad you got your license. You do have to admit that having an abnormal life is interesting, to say the least.

9/4/06, 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home