Thursday, December 21, 2006

Time to Shake Things Up a Little

As you may have noticed I haven't written any blogs recently, mainly because I haven't really been in the mood to write and I have been occupied with more important tasks like sleeping and reading my new ginormous incredibly cool Egypt book that I totally splurged on (remind me to start posting random facts about ancient Egypt on my blog hehe). Now I have an earth shattering announcement to make, if you are not sitting down already I suggest you do so now. I am seriously considering changing schools. What, you may ask, would prompt this sudden wish to change the direction of my life? Well, I received my school bill for Spring semester and realized I would have to take out yet another student loan to pay for it. Then I started thinking about all the other loans I have taken out in the last two years and then I just wanted to throw up. As much as I love my school, the students and professors, it is simply too expensive. So I've been thinking about going to Purdue. Quite frankly, the very thought of attending Purdue terrifies me. It is soooooooo HUGE and there are sooooooo many people! I like my campus because it is small and personal, I know all the professors in my division and I know a lot of the students and if I haven't met them I at least know their faces. Purdue is massive and that scares me. I've gone to small Christian schools all of my life and I think I would get lost. I get lost driving from my house to the mall for crying out loud and I've been to the mall thousands of times. I even get lost and disoriented inside the mall! This may sound odd, but big places make me dizzy. Purdue is so cheap though (comparatively speaking) and I don't want to rack up anymore debt. I'm so comfortable at my school. I feel secure there (except when I have to walk back to my dorm, by myself at 2 am). I don't think that level of comfort is a good thing for me. At Purdue I will be thrown into my worse nightmare and that is the best way for me grown as a person. I lack courage and maybe if I am thrown into a situation far away from my bubble-like existence, courage will be something I may acquire. Well, enough of my random thoughts. I'm making a pro/con list and if you think of any I should add let me know! ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Al...I honestly don't know what to tell you. Here are some pros and cons. I know that the school is pretty expensive, but you knew that going in and you seem really happy there! On the other hand...I would love it if you came to Purdue and we could hang out all the time! Also, if you came back here, you would have a church to go to. On the OTHER hand...you would be stuck at home once more, and I can tell you, it can be a bit of a shock after being on your "own" for awhile. ):
You know I am always available to talk, and I have transferred myself, so let me know if you have any random questions! (:

12/23/06, 1:44 AM  
Blogger Ann-Marie said...

Well Ally Wally...my best advice is to pray about it...but I think you are right to consider coming to Purdue...you are not guarrented to get a job right out of school, espesially in Political Science and if you have more debt that will be harder to work off if you have to work a crapy job for a while...Well thats my two cense...if you need someone to help think of pros and cons...im here,or there, or somewhere

12/23/06, 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree with Annmarie about the finding a job...every political science major I know has had no problem finding a job...even the ones from non-accredited PCC.

12/23/06, 10:21 PM  
Blogger Einfach Warten said...

Political Science is all about connections ladies...

12/27/06, 1:00 AM  
Blogger kiwi said...

wow, that's a tough one.... i'll be praying for you though! I know personally that going to Ball State was the best thing i could do, b/c like you, i had never gone to a public school before. it was big and scary at first but i have learned soooo much about trusting in God by leaving my comfort zone! Public school was the first time that i had to actually take a stand for my faith and not just agree with what everyone else was saying. Just seek to glorify Christ in your decision and you can't go wrong!

12/27/06, 10:33 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I shall miss you terribly should you decide to go, which I think you have at the present moment. Even so, you must do what the Lord leads you to do.

1/9/07, 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home