Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Adventures of Cheksie and Alikson

Every Tuesday and Thursday Cheksie and I journey to the land of Nigeria in order to learn American Public Policy. Our professor is Nigerian and hilarious. Every day is a struggle to wade through his thick Nigerian accent and understand the subject matter which seems to be presented in an entirely random way. Eventhough at the end of each day we leave with bewildered looks on our faces and headaches, we really love the class because you never know what will come out of Kunle's mouth next. Please read the quotes below in a Nigerian accent...it will make it much more fun! ;)

The Class Roster in Kunle's Mind:
Chelsie: Cheksie or Cheks
Allison: Alixson
Mindy: Mandy or Communications girl
Brooke: Broke
Aaron: 1st Aaron
Aaron: Other Aaron
Everyone else has Nigerian-proof names

When Normal Subjects Turn Nigerian:
"Federalism is like a beautiful bride...and a very horribly ugly groom."

After Cheksie spilled coffee all over her shirt: "I do not like coffee. As we say in Nigeria, there is an evil spirit in me that causes me not to like it so it probably went in you. So just say 'the devil in Kunle causing this problem in me just get out!'"

"And by God's grace we are able to go to da restroom. Let me give you an example. There was a woman who could not go to the restroom, so she pray and pray to God to be able to go to the restroom. Finally she was able to go and so she pray to God to be able to get it all out."

"I do not know why you are in this class. Maybe it is because you really want to learn about Public Policy or maybe it is because you think Kunle looks like a little boy and you like to look at him and you wonder why he is the professor and you are the student. Maybe it is because you like the way the room is set up and you feel at home. Or maybe the carpet makes you feel happy inside."

Where Did This Come From????
"Silly Americans sometimes ask me 'Kunle were you attacked by a tiger?' and I tell them 'yes and I kill the tiger. I am very bold man.'"

"I come all the way from Africa with an empty brain."

"Don't worry I just have to remove my front teeth."

"My wife taught me the English term 'chicken' last night. Like the chicken cross the road."

"My wife and went on a trip and I didn't know about toll roads and she didn't tell me. So we get on one and have no change and so we have to turn around."

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann-Marie said...

Allison thats hillarious...I absolutely love the quote about the women going to bathroom...I don't know the context but its hillarious that way!

1/25/07, 10:14 PM  
Blogger Einfach Warten said...

he was begining class with a devotional about grace...

1/26/07, 12:02 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

A good laugh for a long day. I think I love your professor!

1/26/07, 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home