Monday, February 12, 2007

Tis the Season to be Dreary

Well St. Valentine's Day is almost upon us again...blah. This year I can't make up my mind whether I should wear black or red. If I wear black it will show the world I am single and depressed but if I wear red, I'll be saying I'm single and optimistic. Right now I can't decide which would be more fun. Since I'm thinking of fun I guess that means I'm feeling optimistic or at least that I'm not depressed. But since this wardrobe choice is becoming a very difficult decision that means that I am borderline depressed because if I were optimistic I would definitely choose red without knowing that I had a choice to chose black. I hope that made sense to you because I just read it over again and I have no clue what the heck I was talking about. I didn't used to mind this time of year so much. Of course I would give the normal "single woman gripes and groans" but this year I would really like to know what it is like to have a someone, a "Valentine" on Valentine's Day. Ladies if I get a dozen comments on this thing filled with "awww, don't feel bad sweetie your Prince will come soon"'s I might have to hurt someone. I don't want sympathy, I'm just sending out a random question into the void. On a side note: the candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" and "Kiss Me" I hate those things. I can't believe people actually eat them they are disgusting! Oh and contrary to many commercials I've seen during this joyous season, diamond heart pendants and shinny red heart boxers just aren't cool Valentine's Day gifts. They scream tacky. And big stuffed pink teddy bears, please give me a break. I still fail to understand why it is considered to be a good idea to give a girl above the age of 11 a teddy bear. Guys, would you give your 24 year old girlfriend a teddy bear for her birthday? No, of course not! Then why is it acceptable to give her one on Valentine's Day? Flowers are a good idea. Chocolate...eh only if you have something to go with it like flowers. Diamond rings and bracelets...perfection but only if you flowers to go with them. In celebration of this joyous event I plan to make red potatoes (actually they will probably turn out pink but whatever close enough. At least I'm trying to be a merry romantic). Happy (almost) Valentine's Day one and all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann-Marie said...

Allison I'm offended! I think those heart candy's with phrases on them are the best candy on the planet...I can't wait for V-Day to come around each year just so that I can buy a box of them!

2/12/07, 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you wear black AND red?

2/12/07, 9:59 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I recommend wearing a tacky red heart necklace and carrying a sign that reads "I'm tacky-looking". That way the whole campus will know what you think of tacky red heart necklaces.

2/12/07, 10:05 PM  
Blogger Einfach Warten said...

Ashley, if I wear black and red that would tell people that I really don't know how I feel about Valentine's Day and I would look like I have multiple personalites and I don't like the general public to know that about me. ;)

Becca, good idea, but alas I don't have a tacky red heart necklace...

2/12/07, 11:02 PM  
Blogger Ann-Marie said...

I think you should wear christmas or easter colors! That would just be funny :)

2/13/07, 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home