Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tied

Have you ever felt like you were imprisoned? There is no cell, no physical chains, but still I am tied to something and I can't get free. I have often been told that I am much too optimistic for my own good. Maybe it is the unreasonable hope that somehow everything will work out to the positive that is keeping me tied to the past. Is this what I am to do for the rest of my life? Always hoping, always waiting for something to change? I'm tied and I can't get free. I pray and I pray that God would release me from my bounds, but still I remain. Will I ever be able to let go? Someday I know something will happen that will make me forget, but when is that someday? Is it soon? Or will it be weeks, months, maybe years from now? I don't like to sit and do nothing. I have always been a person of action. Hopefully my chains will be broken someday soon, if not then I will be here simply waiting for that day to come with my Savior's arms wrapped tight about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home