Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Finding My Someone...Through Blind Dates? Am I Really That Desperate??

Is there a word for "fear of blind dates"” like the fear of spiders, arachnophobia? Well if there is let's call it blinddateophobia and I'’ve got it bad. My dear friend and her boyfriend have vowed to find me a fellow and set me up. Laugh and joke as I may, I can't shake this sense of dread that seems to seep into every word, every thought regarding the subject. Perhaps I worry too much, perhaps I'’m over cautious, or perhaps I'm simply scared. I'’m scared that the guy those two schemer friends of mine dig up might just go on a date with me because he feels obligated and would have a miserable time. I'’m afraid that I will completely scare the poor guy off with either my evil sense of humor or terror stricken silence. I'm afraid that maybe I'’ll fall for the guy, but he isn'’t my someone and I'’ll end up miserable and alone again. I'm afraid that maybe the guy I'’m set up with is someone my friends think that I should be with, but who is not someone I want to be with. I guess what it comes down to is I don't want to be throw at any old random guy. I guess that I just want him to be the one who really really wanted to ask me, personally, out. Or maybe I've been watching too many movies and life really doesn't work that way. By the way, for those who are worried about me because of the title, I'm not desperate at all. I promise. I'm perfectly content with my life as it is. ;) I don't need a fellow in my life to make my life full and happy. Life is what you make it and I like my life. I have many giggles with my girlie friends and right now that is more than enough for me. God has been so incredibly good to me, much better than I deserve...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann-Marie said...

Hey Ally Wally
Don't worry we would never set you up with someone that you didn't want to be set up with and I just was thinking that we could find you someone who would want to seriously go out with you and that you would seriously want to go with but maybe just someone that you had never thought of before...but since you dont want to be set up at all and I couldnt find anyone who meets those qualification I will happily never say another word about setting you up...I know you didnt want to be set up with whats his name but you could have told me you just didnt want to be set up...sorry girly...guess Im just my fathers daughter...love ya ally. Ohhh and of course you should want some great guy to ask you out...well im seriously going to stop writing now although i think i have an adiction now...bye

1/12/06, 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home