Monday, December 05, 2005

The Noble Experiment

Sometimes I get in these really weird creative moods. Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I was thinking about how I was going to fix the straps on my totally awesome dress for the winter formal here at WU. I have this strange tendency to take normal random, household things and turn them into great works of "art". One time it was a bunch of fake roses and ton of pennies. This time I think that I have truly out done myself. For decor purposes I brought a dozen fake white roses to college, as I only used like three of them, the rest are just kinda sitting in a cabinet. Does anyone see where this is leading? I have dissected one of the roses and decided that the petals will make ideal straps for my dress. Unfortunately, my AMAZING dress is a vintage 50's dress and the white embroidery has turned to more vintage creamish color and the roses are stark white. So right now I am playing Madam Curie with normal households products, namely a tea bag and a red utility cloth that tends to bleed dye. The underskirt of my dress is pink so that's what the cloth is their to take of and the tea is to give the petal a more vintage creamish look. This is going to be an interesting project. :) I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

In our house we call that "Hauck ingenuity." I think you have "Allison ingenuity." I wanna see it. You have t otake pictures when it's all figured out.

12/6/05, 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home