Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Little Busybody I Am


Watching people go by my window is one of my favorite hobbies. Today I sat on my bed for over an hour and just watched the people walk in and out of the student center. Sounds rather dull to most people, but I find it fascinating. I love to watch a guy and a girl get to the door at the same time and see how many guys hold the door open for the ladies and how many just barrel on through. I also like to look for people I know and to see what they do when they don't think anyone is watching. I'm such a little spy. I love to watch couples together. The guy is always so considerate. He charges ahead to make sure that he gets to the door well before his female friend so that her entrance into the student center is regal and graceful. His female friend gives him this coy little "Ah how sweet. You are so precious, worship and adore me and my grandeur" look. It is also kinda disturbing to watch couples because sometimes when they are walking arm around each other the guys hand isn't where it should be, it's much lower. There are also the girlie girl groups. They walk around in huge packs, like wolves on the prowl ready to rip anyone who opposes them to shreds. They have this walk like we are beautiful, we are grand, if you don't like us you should get your head checked because we are perfection personified. They are prissy and frilly and ALWAYS ALWAYS make a big show of laughter and whispering secrets to each other. The he-man gangs are rather interesting too. If they can find a way to show off their muscles walking from point A to the student center, they will take it. Usually what the he-men take as a brilliant opportunity to show off their manly toughness actually looks rather ridiculous because it is such a random and bizarre place to be placing yourself on the pedestal to be admired by the passing females. It just makes me (as a female) chalk them up on my list of guys NOT to date, and seriously the list just keeps getting longer and longer as I continue to look out my window. Maybe I should stop or pretty soon there will not be a fellow left on campus that I would touch with a long stick. There are also types of people who are rather dull to watch. I mean these people are so naturally boring that even their walk isn't distinctive to their personality. They are people who just exist. They don't live. They just go about their daily lives on this little leash that pulls them from place to place. So dull. They always know where they are going and what they'll do when they get there. ish. I'm not even going to get into walks and how they express a person's personality because that would take another page and a half and I have to go write a paper now. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Have you ever watched me? Am I personalityless? Just curious. You don't have to answer, but I'd be interested in knowing...

1/27/06, 4:54 PM  
Blogger Einfach Warten said...

Of course I watch you! I haven't really "read" your personality in your walk because I know your personality all ready so it isn't as fun....

1/30/06, 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home