Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's Like Living in a Snow Globe!

I awoke this morning at 6:30 for my 7:50 class. The first thing I did was run over to my window, look out to a great white swirling world, say "no freaking way", and promptly return to my nice warm bed. My class is allllllll the way across campus and you couldn't have paid me $50 to walk that far this morning , especially since that class was American Civilization with Burden (shoot me). Luckily for me my roomie's boyfriend called at around 7:15 to tell us that our college had officially canceled classes for today. :) For the next half hour my roomies, Cheksie and Emily, were so excited that they called everyone and their great-uncle Tom to tell them the wonderful news. All the while I am laying in my bed wishing for a pair of earplugs or a gun. Anyways I didn't get up until after 11 and it was glorious. I started reading the Odyssey, watched part of the Sound of Music, wrote a little poetry, and just lounged in general. However, today for the first time I was actually homesick (which is rather amusing as I was home for the weekend). I guess there is something about a snow day that makes you feel like you are back in high school. I just wanted to be lounging on my couch at home or hanging out with my home friends. I really am beginning to hate being here so far away from everyone. People here are boring. I'm annoyed because my only class for tomorrow is canceled as well and I could have been home an extra two days. Alas, I suppose that is how the cookie crumbles. I'm going to stop rambling and go do something productive...like play Mario Cart...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home