Friday, November 04, 2005

A Bit of Randomness

My roomie and I are so quacky!! I love it! I think I will share with you some of the wacky things that we've done so far this year because I'm bored and I don't have anything else to do at the moment. Don't laugh too hard now.

Tonight we were both sitting at our respective desks studiously doing our homework. I happened to be listening to a little big band music and my dear roomie suddenly bursts out with "Hey you wanna dance?" to which I readily agree. So we clear out a space in our tiny messy room and proceed to spin and hop around pretending to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Yeah, it was great. I think that we could have given good 'ole Freddy and Ginger a run for their money! It is a widely known idea that we two are the most fantastic swing dancers in our unit!

After living together for about two months now we have come aware of disgusting traits that we each have. For a while there it seemed like my roomie was the most disgusting person on earth because she burped really bubbly burps all the time and made nasty noises when she ate, but then the truth was revealed and my personal disgustingness was revealed. My feet stink. My feet stink really bad. It amazes me how far that smell can travel! Enough on that!

One time a mutual friend decided to spend the night so I gave her my bed and my roomie and I decided to share her bed. Haha. We both are pretty little so we thought "Hey, big deal! This won't be a problem!" So we went to bed, my roomie squished against the wall and I about to fall off the bed. We lied there for I don't know two hours, neither of us were could sleep. Finally, roomie drifted off and I decided that I would sleep on the floor. It couldn't that bad right? Did you know that my dorm room's floor was made of concrete? And did you know that my college is cheap and they don't put anything under the carpet to make it squishier?

At times, getting dressed can be quite a challenge, especially when you are attempting to pick out an outfit and a jumbo spider decides to make a home out of your favorite shirt. My roomie begins screaming and jumping up and down. I come over to see why she is hysterical, see the gi-normous culprit, and begin screaming too. She wants me to smash it with a shoe, but of course I couldn't do that because it would spread spider guts all over the carpet. So I grab a handy Wal-mart bag and we start chasing it and trying to get it on the Walmart bag so that we can flush the unlucky fellow down the toilet, screaming all the while. I finally manage to get it in the bag, but when we got to the bathroom it escaped behind the toilet. My roomie gathering her courage manages to squish to exhausted spider with a jug of toilet bowl cleaner.

We make a great team. We are both extremely mechanically inclined. This was proven as we endeavored to hang some of our decorations, namely on set of really cute lantern/Christmas tree like lights above our window. At first we try to reach to the top of the window without the aid of things to give us extra height. We are short and can't reach. Surprise, surprise. So we grab our desk chairs and try again. We were able to position it perfectly, but we forgot to get stuff to hold the lights in place. After more bumbling we got some stick on hooks and slapped them up there and went to hang our lights. To our horror we discover that my dear roomie had stuck her hook upside down. Thankfully those guaranteed super sticky hooks aren't that sticky and we were able to get it off and stick it successfully in the proper direction. Despite our many misadventures we were able to get the lights properly hung and they are now a focal point in our lovely room.

Ok, that's enough embarrassment for tonight, or rather this morning. Here is some random verses for you to go along with my random post:

Pslams 33:1-11
"Sing for joy in the Lord, O you righteous ones; praise is becoming to the upright. Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy. For the Word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteouness and justice; the earth is full of the lovingkindness of the Lord. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host. He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deeps in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. The Lord nullifies the counsel of the nations; He frustrate the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart from generation to generation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

haha, lol, rotfl, yeah, I laughed pretty hard especially at you saying how you're such great mechanics. Becca

11/4/05, 2:02 PM  
Blogger Einfach Warten said...

Hey now my dear! We are great mechanics! Chelsie even has a complete set of bright pink tools!!

11/4/05, 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home