Saturday, October 07, 2006

I miss him...

Tonight I walked into my brother's empty room for the first time since he left for basic training. It didn't really hit me that he was gone until tonight when I saw his room torn apart with boxes and random junk scattered everywhere. I miss him so much. I miss walking into his room to say hi while I was doing my laundry and having him say "Hey come here! I want you to hear this really cool song." That one song always turned out to be at least 30 songs and three hours later I would finally leave. I miss driving to work with him and having to listen to Pink Floyd's the Wall over and over again. I wish that he were still randomly sending me pictures of his dream cars over IM. I'm lying on his bed and wishing he were here right now yelling at me to get off as he so frequently did. It is the little things that I miss the most, the little things are what should be treasured. I find myself in need of some of John's wise and somewhat sarcastic advice, but he isn't here. He is far away sleeping in a strange bed, living a new life. I cried tonight and that doesn't happen very often. He really needs to write me a letter...

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I so sorry you so sad. I know what you mean about missing the little things...they're what I get homesick for when I get homesick.

10/8/06, 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home