Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Birthday Breakfast

This morning my dear roomie, Chelsie, and my across-the-hall-mate, Amanda gave me the surprise of my life! I have 7:50's on Tuesdays and Thursdays and generally I roll out of bed at 7:30, jump in some clothes, eat some oatmeal, brush my teeth, and go. Last night, however I decided that eggs and bacon would be oh so heavenly to have on birthday so I planned to go to breakfast with Becca at 7:20. I was even going to shower and do my hair before I went! So my alarm went off at the insanely early times, 6:10. Luckily for me, one of my suitemates was in the shower already and stayed in the bathroom doing something until 7:00. I finally reconciled myself to the fact that I wasn't going to be able to get a shower, got up, and started getting ready. Sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 when I was half sleeping and half alert waiting for the shower, Chelsie gets out of bed and takes something out of the refrigerator and leaves the room. I was so confused! Chelsie doesn't have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and she NEVER rolls out of bed until after 11:00. I finally gave up trying to figure it out assuming that she went to talk on her cell phone because she took that too and took a pudding or something to snack on. After I got up I looked into the refrigerator to see what was missing and lo and behold my butter was gone! Why would she take my butter?! Mornings are not my thing! I am so totally out of in the mornings that you could pull a practical joke on me very easily. Anyway, I was putting on some foundation and Becca walks in the room. Now I am even more confused because I was supposed to meet Becca at Baldwin. Becca was followed by Chelsie who was followed by Amanda carrying a plate with bacon, toast, and 2 eggs sunny side up, my favorite breakfast food ever! I was soooooo surprised! I remember telling Chelsie that my b-day would be really weird this year because my mom always made me breakfast in bed for my birthday. I am so oblivious! Chelsie even not so sneakily asked me what my favorite breakfast foods were like two days ago (when I was actually awake) and I still didn't catch on! Oh heavens! What to do with me! Apparently Chelsie and Amanda have been planning this for a while and I totally threw them for a loop by making breakfast plans with Becca. So they had to scurry around and find her extension number to tell her that I wouldn't be eating with her. Oh my.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home