Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Horrors of Jr./Sr. Revisited

Winter Formal at IWU is rolling around the corner and once again I have the terrible task of finding a date. It is times like these that having a boyfriend really comes in handy! I don't want to ask a guy to go with me because I'm an old fashioned girl and that just strikes a bad note with me even if we go as just friends like my two dates for Jr./Sr. I have the most awful ways of getting dates for these things and I just wish that some guy would just take it into his head and ask me so I don't have to worry about it!!! I could just not go, but then I wouldn't be able to wear my totally awesome vintage 1950's dress again and that is not an option!! You might say to me "just go with a bunch of girls that would be really fun!" No, not really!! Honestly give me an example of one girl who went with just girls who didn't wish she had a date! Chelsie came in and told me that the activities committee was starting to plan it and immediately I had dozens of nightmarish flashbacks to high school Jr./Sr. Would you like to hear how I got my dates both years? The first year I went with Rob Lee, bless his heart, and I want it on the record that I did have a good time. The only reason I went with poor Rob (who was living in Georgia) was because I didn't have a date and my mother freaked out, called his mother and set the whole thing up. Yeah, that's right my mother got me a date. How pathetic is that? The second year was just barely better. My dear cousins Chelsie and Lara were freaking out about me being dateless once again and they kept pestering me and pestering me until I finally told them that they could ask (almost) anyone they wanted and if he wanted to go with me than I would go with him. So they asked my little brother's friend, Rob Summer(hehe two Rob's in a row!), to go with me and I did and had a good time as well eventhough I had pneumonia. Oh and my parents were even going to pay me $100 to get a date! Also my senior year, my friend Audra offered to rent a tux and go with me if I didn't get a date and she very nearly did. I am so pathetic!! What a track record! Just thinking about it makes me want to either roll up in a ball and cry or fall on the floor with laughter. I can't really decide which feeling is more prominent! Now do you understand my wish to have some guy ask me? Any guy! Well almost any guy, preferably one I know and would like to spend a friendly evening with. Oh my!!!! What to do!! What to do!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home