Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nasty Little Things

Today was Halloween. For me this is usually an enjoyable holiday filled with candy, caramel apples, and cute little children all dressed in their finest fairy and goblin apparel. Today was not fun. I returned to my room after to dinner to discover that someone had written a nasty word on my marker board hanging on my door. Apparently a group of trick or treaters from the community went through to shame poor starving college students out of their treasured food supplies. After pounding away on my door, as they believed someone was home because of the music I had left on, the angry mob left the word "bitch" on my marker board that had previously contained only words of love and admiration. As if I could not be irate enough, another group of nasty little children came pounding on my door demanding candy. I don't have any candy! I don't like to have barrels of candy in my room! It makes me fat! I tried to put on a happy-sweeter-than-honey face and face this new group of children with optimism in regards to their manners. However, my optimism was misplaced. After giving them the only thing I had, applesauce cups, they demanded (not asked)to see if I had any more food. Then they asked if I had a roommate and if she had any candy. After replying in the negative to both of their "requests" they left without so much as a "Thank you for the applesauce cups." Now I realize that applesauce cups are not the most wonderful things to receive on Halloween, but a thank you in response is not that hard to give. Ridiculous...utterly ridiculous...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann-Marie said...

A bunch of little brats is all I have to say about that one.

11/1/06, 11:29 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Maybe this is Marion folks. I am pleased to say that I was blessed with no appearance of any Marion folks.

11/2/06, 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home